5/29/11

Dark Crystal styled ROCKSTEADY!!


So..I'm working through the tough spots right now... I've been challenging myself with new projects in an overall attempt to push my Illustration skills while at the same time searching for my personal style, an method of making images...

Thankfully I've had the good fortune of falling into a membership with the Autumn Society of Philadelphia. The group is full of talented members that have been quite inspirational. The almost unending schedule of upcoming gallery shows has offered me with limitless opportunities to try new things, and explore a wide variety of content.
Moreover, I've gotten to make friends and network with some of the society members, which has parlayed into some exciting new chances to share my work while enjoying the work of other talented folks...

Currently, I'm ramped up for a Ninja Turtles themed show with the ASOP. I'll even make it out to Philly for the opening later this week. I must admit its pretty staggering to see the caliber of work that's being turned out for this show.. I only hope that my images are going to impress the other artists as much as they're work has impressed me.

For now though here is a discarded drawing from my mighty heap of TMNT themed artwork for this show... A little bit of ROCKSTEADY with some Skeksis type anatomy thrown in, Terrifying stuff. I spent a lot of time sketching prior to this show and its left me with some fun sketches that I'm not using for final work...but I wanted to bring them to you all so that you might scope them out... Also, Check out the ASOP to see some of the other great work that will be on display this JUNE 3!.

Hope you dig...

No comments: