5/5/11

GREAT THUNDERIN' THORSDAY!



So, the Thor feature opens up today (and I'm looking forward to seeing it eventually), and with that in mind I think I'll kick off a month of some fun drawings based on Marvel comics characters... A few years back I did some Marvel drawings May and they all seemed to go over really well, shortly thereafter I wanted to do a drawing challenge during the MONTH of May and call it MAYVEL. So, this year I'm gonna find the time to do the drawings and share them throughout the month of MAY. Even better yet I'm gonna be drawing with my good friend BRENDAN TOBIN. Who is a font of comic book knowledge as well as being my partner for March Modok Madness.

NOTE: It is well worth your time to go check out Brendan's work. He's done a whole THOR WEEK tribute full of Asgards FINEST..INCLUDING THOR!.

Brendan and I will be taking turns at picking marvel characters throughout the rest of MAY and submitting our interpretations of them to our respective blogs... Please check back in and let us know what you think of the work... Perhaps I'll also post up the uncolored sketches later so that you can have a look at them too.

Take it easy everybody, Hope yah dig.
P

7 comments:

Uli Meyer said...

Fantastic drawings! Looking forward to this month's Marvel posts, nice idea.
The film is okay, terrible design and music though.

Stefania Montaruli said...

wow!!! really beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha great! One of your best!

Brendan Tobin said...

These sketches are great, P. They have such life and you've caught Thor's power in his stature. Next up: Rhino?

Rick Cortes said...

Brilliant.

GOGOPEDRO said...

Thanks for all the support guys... I think the next character of focus will in fact be RHINO...

P

Vincenzo said...

These are absolutely awesome!!!!