10/8/07

This MET's for you.

HEY YO!!,

Well, I was at the Met last week to do some drawings with my friend Nat. She had been wanting to do this for some time so I freed up wednesday a little to get out. It was a good way to get out of the rut.....I have to admit that there is just so much of that museum that I just haven't seen.....Sigh....where is all the time.

Well here are some of the sketchs from that fateful day....I may have tossed a little color at them and tried to find photos for a side by side on all of them.. But, I could only find one. I will have to have Nat shoot photos with her iPhone next time...

High angle doodle of armored knight on horse (its German armor from Nurmberg in 1584):

Study of "Maria" by Kees Van Dongen:

and a study of Edward Wortley Montagu by George Romney:


Fun stuff!! I hope you dig,

P

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I can't keep up with all your posts lately! Looks like you guys had fun at the Met. Reminds me I need to visit there myself. Keep up the great work!

GOGOPEDRO said...

Thanks Ms. Harris.
I am trying to keep myself busy by over doing the blog and having it distract me from other things that are heavy on my mind of late. I like the neww Icon image....Such a Cute KITTY!! Nice blue kitty. Yeah we should meet up for a drawing adventure....at the met or, frick, or something.

P