6/20/11

Smoke Um' If You Got Um'...


Today was a long one...
I was tired from the weekend and maybe a bit sleep deprived when I got into the office today. I was eager though to work on my caricature assignment, and the prospect of doing some fun drawings had me in a good mood.. The day wore on and I made my way through some of the images, but it was tough work indeed. I'm getting lots of requests for things to be added and changed in these images, so I'm juggling that while trying to finish the artwork and put it to color in the next few days... I'm sure it will get done... But, all that client based work left me wanting to do some personal caricature work at days end.... So, I unearthed an ol' photo and am dusting off the Artists I admire series I'd started a while back... This is a prelim and I won't divulge the identity of the artist right yet... Suffice unto say, that if smoking cigarettes made my rendering skills half as good as this guy...I'd start lighting up immediately. This guy has been a big favorite of mine for many many years... Even made a motion graphics piece on him back in college... if I find that perhaps I can post it too.. But for now, the preliminary study...

Hope you dig,

P.S. I'll share the progression of the image along with my ref when I wrap the image up... Gonna try to do that by next week..

No comments: