2/26/13

I like old Video Games.

    Many times when I sketch or have a long project I'll either listen to music.  Or, I'll hop onto Youtube and find an old video game (be it a playthrough/walkthrough (or whatever you call it) because I find the music can be very good, and you don't always need to play the game to kinda enjoy the sounds of game play.

    Recently I watched a old NES play through while I happen to have my big Photoshop file open (It's a large workspace I keep open for mucking about with process/sketches/color experimentation) and I fiddled this out based on a cut scene... Something about Ninja Gaiden and its cinematic style of storytelling between game play has always stuck with me.  Hard game, memorable music, really nice graphics in the cinematics.

Hope you dig.
P

No comments: