2/16/12

THE MASTER VIEWER....


Before I worked in Advertising, I held down a design job within an animation studio here in the city. It was largely Flash design and in spite of my lack of familiarity of the program up front. The job and deadlines taught me to really like Designing and making vector art within flash. It is just more fun for me then screwing around in Illustrator. At least within Flash I get the ability to use vectors, while kinda molding them like I was sculpting. Furthermore the selection tools are much easier for me to muck about with instead of Illustrator. Also I kinda like bringing whatever Vector art I've built into Photoshop for some texture application and finish a bit.

If you look at the ViewMaster disks here you can see that I started this file back in 2009 and sorta forgot about it till now... I like what turned out, and also miss some of those things that fascinated me when I was a kid... The ViewMaster was always extra special to me (kinda wish I still had one), I liked the artwork that was involved with them and the act of holding it up to your eyes and clicking away at that little orange lever to advance the slides... There was even a comforting twang of the spring as the mechanism advanced the images forward...

If your not familiar with some of what Viewmaster images look like this fella HERE, has some spectacular images of slides old and new... Definitely cool..

Seriously love this kind of stuff...
Hope you dig...

No comments: