1/31/11

Some scribbles...


I spent part of my day tinkering on new paints...er....kinda old sketches that I've decided to dive back into for various reasons...
I find that sometimes I talk myself out of pursuing projects from strange reasons...either I don't like the sketch, or the colors don't come to me....Or I simply get frustrated with my control of the paper, pen, tablet, ect. Sometimes I even get gun shy with the content, I avoid it because its difficult, or not to my taste...or its just plain dull.
In all truth though, I really need to be running headlong into those kinds of projects. It seems like when I was younger that starting new work was more free because I new less about the visual medium. But, after years I've noticed it harder to get things started on images sometimes, and more critically its harder to stick with them long enough to give them the attention they warrant to be Completed works.

I'm gonna have to work on that...

These sketches will be up again soon as I progress with the studies...
Hope you dig...
P

No comments: