4/20/07

Off White Photo test.

So tonight I did some figure drawing...
I have missed three weeks and seriously needed to get back into the mix...... I have been drawing lately on pads of newsprint cuz I like to draw big and it lets me loosen up a lot more. After the session My friend Allen was telling me about this method of photographing drawings from my newsprint and tuning the lighting up so that they would look like simple black line drawing on white surfaces...I was all ears..
I rushed home to try it out and I think i am missing a lot of the gear that I needed......But, I tried it anyways. I photo graphed the drawing on the newsprint under a set light..... Next I shot the same lighting but with some white paper ( I think I really do need an Illo board or something whiter then the paper I used.... i should also use a more natural white light....this one is kinda red....will try again an let you know when it works.

I doctored a bit in the photo chop shop and here is an attempt I made on correcting this drawing i had from a last year.......Nothing from tonight, I did skunky drawings tonight......Yuck.

P

2 comments:

allan said...

hey man, i'm trying to find that tutorial as well. tried to recreate the same conditions and couldn't make it work. i think it's not exclusion or difference. might be something like linear dodge as far as what to set that white layer level as. i'll get back to ya!

GOGOPEDRO said...

Cool...

I think it will work...
I am about to shower and get going on my drawings.....will send something to you soon...

P