1/13/12

Swimming with other Adults...


So I did this image for an Adult Swim themed show that opens at Gallery 1988 in Melrose California tonight.. I'm still a big fan of Cartoon Planet and SGC2C, and I miss seeing episodes of the show... In particular I really miss hearing the voice acting... Also, I was a big fan of the way that the show was written and made by reusing old footage in interesting ways. If I get some time I'd sure like to do some other spaceghost related images this year...

Hope you dig.
P

4 comments:

Liam said...

thats pretty sweet pedro-love seeing the finished pieces!

Will Appledorn said...

Cool! I like the textures. What is this made with?

GOGOPEDRO said...

Thanks guys....

Will: In answering your question, its a transparency that's layered over top of some torn bits of colored paper... all of that is sitting over a basic field of brown craft paper.. Some areas of the colored paper I've touched up with a little prismacolor pencil. For some of the white areas of the images I've applied some white paint marker to the back of the transparency (sorta like it was an animation frame) to show through white on the other side.

Thanks for the support guys.
P

Mug It Up!/Jim H said...

Hey cool! That was always a fun show...