8/3/10

MPG: MODIFICATIONS PRESENTED GRAPHICALLY


So, I just stuck a new showpiece in the mail today....and its on its way out to Philly where it will hang in the "Japanese Pop Culture show" Held at Brave New World comic shop during the month of august. This is not the whole image...I'll share that in a few days... Instead I wanted to share a part of the image I though was extremely successful, in my eyes....
I don't usually use photoshop purely for photomanipulation. But, I tried to step out of my comfort zone and use these tools to make something that was Graphically appealing... This also gave me the chance to flex some of my newly acquired halftone and benday dot techniques, in an image...
I was a big fan of the Manga which this Car played a role in... (can you guess what it is?) and remember this being my dream car during my middle school and early high school year.. It was nice to reconnect with that when I was making this image...I don't draw car too often, for a guy who was born in Detroit....But sometimes you just gotta...

1967 Shelby Mustang Cobra GT500 FTW!!
Hope you dig it..Finished image in a few days!!!! WHOOOT!

P

2 comments:

Nathan B. said...

Sweet. Can't wait to see the rest. I still marvel at the attention to detail Sonoda had for the cars and guns in GSC.

GOGOPEDRO said...

thanks Nathan....
Yeah...the attention to detail is admirable....SO FASTIDIOUS...

P