3/7/13

ONE WEEK DOWN!

DESIGNED for MARCH!
Yep, this evening will mark the end of the first seven days in this 2013 tribute 
to his MASTERFUL MENTAL MAGNITUDE, 
MODOK!  

The MMM blog is always a treat for me because I get to see lots of cool tribute art, in the name of MODOK.   Now, I know some people would call it fan art.  But, in spite of the fact that the images are often made by fans of the subject matter.   Something about the way the term "fan art" rolls off the tongue hasn't ever sat well with me.  So, I call it tribute art because artists devote love, time, and talent to things that are drawing, composing, and rendering.

For This particular image  I tried to render a M.O.D.O.K. with more mood lighting and less of my usual slant towards super bright colors.  I kinda like how it came out.  The sketch on the left was done with a brush pen (which I've since LOST), and the following color treatments happened in Photoshop.

I know I've said this before, and I sound like a broken record.
But, DO NOT HESITATE.  DRAW SOME MODOK!  SEND IT ON IN!
I'd love to celebrate MMM 2013 with anyone who's up for having fun and making an image based on an awesomely weird comic book character.

Keep on MINDBLASTING!
Hope you dig,

P

No comments: